} -->

Friday 10 May 2013

This Girl (Slammed #3) by Colleen Hoover


There are two sides to every love story. Now hear Will’s.

Colleen Hoover’s New York Times bestselling Slammed series has brought countless readers to their knees with a whirlwind of love, passion, and heartache. 

Layken and Will’s love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he can’t resist his wife’s pleas and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.

In This Girl, Will tells the story of their complicated relationship from hispoint of view. Their future rests on how well they deal with the past in this final installment of the beloved Slammed series.


Holly's Review

YEP! IT WAS AS AWESOME AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE!! BUTTERFLYING WONDERFUL!! 5+++ STARS!!!!

I totally fell head over heels in love with Will and Layken last year when I read both Slammed and Point of Retreat in less than 24 hours! Yes, these books are THAT GOOD!! In fact I will go so far as to say this is one of my all time favorite series!

What I loved most about This Girl is that it wasn't necessary. What I mean by that is that the story concluded with a wonderful HEA in the previous book! This Girl is just proof that Colleen Hoover loves us and wants us to be insanely happy!!

We find Will and Lake on their honeymoon, thoroughly enjoying themselves, and Lake begins to ask Will questions about his life before they met which leads to him giving his side of when they first met, which leads to her asking him to tell her about certain events that they experienced together. I think this is so beautiful. She wants to relive those beautiful some painful times through his eyes.

I love stories like this because inevitably when reading an emotional story I always wonder "My God, why would he do that?" or "Wow, that must have broken his heart!" or things along those lines. So getting to feel what Will went through was amazing. I loved that this was not just the same story told from another POV but it's own story with the characters reliving it through each other. And just when I thought I couldn't love Will more he would go and say something like this....

This girl completely shatters the window to my soul and crawls inside. 

or

Out of all the reasons I can come up with for her to go, there's only one reason I can come up with for her to stay. I love her. 


If you are a fan of this series, please don't miss out on This Girl!! It is a beautiful way to wrap the series up and again I thank Colleen Hoover for loving us enough to give us more Will and Lake!!

Will and Lake playing on their honeymoon....






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...