} -->

Saturday 6 April 2013

Connected (Connections #1) by Kim Karr


What if a ‘Once in a Lifetime’ could happen twice? 

Suffering from a past full of tragedy, Dahlia London's soul has been left completely shattered. Happily ever after is a far cry from reality in her world. But, when she is reconnected with her past, the bonds that form are irrefutable.

When River Wilde, lead singer of The Wilde Ones, comes back into Dahlia’s life, the intensity that fires their relationship combined with underlying feelings that have never died lead her to believe she has met her soulmate. 

Struggling with confusion as old connections fade and new ones begin, Dahlia's grief begins to lift--but guilt remains. River wants to be the one to mend all that is torn within her. 

But with a past that is never really gone, can their future survive?


Holly's Review

This book was freaking amazing! But, here is the catch, I couldn't give it 5 stars simply because it didn't get amazing until the end, IMO!! Holy Crap, the end was so super amazaballs!! I really, really want the next one, BAD!!

“I never imagined I could feel so connected to anyone as much as I feel connected to you. I knew I loved you from the moment I saw you. How could I not? Loving you is as easy as breathing.” 

Dahlia is happy and in love with her longtime boyfriend Ben, but one night she meets River Wilde in a bar and for a brief moment she feels an amazing connection with him that scares her so much she runs, even when he asked her to wait for him. That electric connection causes her to run and never look back and proceed to try and forget the beautiful stranger and live her life with Ben, they even get engaged and life is good! Until tragedy strikes and Dahlia is left alone and broken.

“How could love at first sight even exist when you were already in love with someone else?” 

Did I mention that River is an up and coming delicious rock star and once Dahlia pulls herself together enough to go back to work her first assignment is to interview the one and only River Wilde, whom she has never forgotten after all of these years. Dahlia believes that River doesn't remember her and she is somewhat disappointed but Oh My God, he totally remembers her and is pissed that she left him that night!! He has wanted her Big Time ever since!!

“I suddenly realize that finding my past in pieces has actually brought me closer to my future.” 

There were some really amazing moments in this book as River and Dahlia discover their true love together. Very beautiful, even a little cheesy at times it was so sweet! But this was another great story that has a Holy.Crap. did.that.really.happen.ending!!! Trust me you will be salivating for the next book!! I can't wait to see what happens next!!

One of the really fun parts of this book was that River tells Dahlia that he has met both Kellen Kyle and Jake Wethers, which of course leaves Dahlia in awe like a total fan girl!!

This is my first book by Kim Karr and I am hooked, it will definitely not be my last!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...