} -->

Thursday 21 March 2013

Walking Disaster #2 By Jamie Mcguire

Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2)Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.


Holly's Review:


 5+++ FABULOUSLY AMAZING STARS!!!!!!!!

We have all heard that there are always two sides to every story and let me just say that hearing both sides of an amazing story was really one of the coolest things I have read!!

I have read many story where the author has offered up certain pivotal scenes from both POV's and that is so awesome to a reader. Or a story that is written by flipping back and forth between the hero and heroine's POV. But I believe this is the first book I have read that the author then offered us the ENTIRE story from the heroes POV as well!

Obviously I am going to begin by saying DO NOT read this book if you have not read Beautiful Disaster, you need to experience both, trust me. Is there anyone who has not read Beautiful Disaster?? LOL - Just kidding, anyway, reading BD is entirely through Abby's eyes and it was amazing! But reading WD is entirely through Travis's eyes and what an amazing ride this was. I have to say getting this book early was like the friggin' highlight of my week!! Hey, that's not sad, is it?? :)

I totally devoured this book!! It is so amazing to me how different some sections of the story were when seeing them from inside Travis's head. Now, there are times that during BD Travis seemed a bit crazy and unstable but OMG that could not be farther from the truth! That boy was so in love and unable to process this that I hurt for him!!

I'd finally found a girl that was interesting enough to get to know, and a version of me had already hurt her.

I really loved being able to learn and feel all of Travis's insecurities. We always know that there is a reason that he is the way he is and he can explain it, but it's not the same as being with him when he completely snaps! OMG, during the scene where he loses it and tears up the house when Abby leaves...Holy Crap y'all - I was sobbing going through this with him. The pain was a tangible thing!!

I enjoyed this book so much and it was definitely worth the wait. I have to share my favorite part though, we all know what Travis told Abby about why he called her Pigeon, but this logic, this explanation says it all when it comes to understanding Travis, IMO!

I decided a long time ago I would feed on the vultures until a dove came along. A pigeon. The kind of soul that didn't impede on anyone; just walked around worrying about its own business, trying to get through life without pulling everyone else down with its own needs and selfish habits. Brave. A communicator. Intelligent. Beautiful. Soft-spoken. A creature that mates for life. Unattainable until she has a reason to trust you. ~Travis Maddox


My Travis and Pigeon....


























1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY! I didn't read, but I'll be back. I'm anxiously waiting for the audio book. So glad it's good :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...