} -->

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Vain By Fisher Amelie

VAIN If you’re looking for a story about a good, humble girl, who’s been hurt by someone she thought she could trust, only to find out she’s not as vulnerable as she thought she was and discovers an empowering side of herself that falls in love with the guy who helps her find that self, blah, blah, blah...then you’re gonna’ hate my story.

Because mine is not the story you read every time you bend back the cover of the latest trend novel. It’s not the “I can do anything, now that I’ve found you/I’m misunderstood but one day you’ll find me irresistible because of it” tale. Why? Because, if I was being honest with you, I’m a complete witch. There’s nothing redeeming about me. I’m a friend using, drug abusing, sex addict from Los Angeles. I’m every girlfriend’s worst nightmare and every boy’s fantasy.

I’m Sophie Price...And this is the story about how I went from the world’s most envied girl to the girl no one wanted around and why I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.


 Elena's Review:


The year 2013,has started off with a great start for me,with the magnificent novels I've chosen to pick up to read.There are so many I have enjoyed,loved, and;am still having a hard time letting the stories,and characters go!

I now have many books on my top favorite lists.And this novel just hiked it's way up my list. It's different in so many ways. There's absolutely nothing about it that screams,"it's so cliche!" Far from it! This story was beyond alluring.

The Heroine, starts off as the most snobbish,inconsiderate, her-poop-doesn't-stink, persona, of a rich kid with everything at the palms of her hand. It's the first novel I have read in all my years, where the heroine isn't so sweet and lovable, and to think "what the.......? And she's the main character and its in her point of view?" Trust me,I thought the story was going to turn out to be just one of those books on my DIF-Shelf.I was beyond WRONG, for judging. Her character was put through the shredder,but all for a good cause.I still can't believe how much I've fallen for this snobbish rich girl,and yet,totally get her.Baffled is more so,of the word I should be using to describe my reactions, just....baffled.....It was well deserved.

Why,how, when,and where this story takes place and ends,is just so surreal! Once again, baffled, strung out,speechless.It was amazing,and so beautifully written.I'm having an "awe" moment right now.....Lolz!

Every character was very much loved and has a place in my heart and I'll never forget them.The parents on the other hand, need a wake up call but the heroines' dad, catches on. He deserves redemption. So just think of what I just said before judging him :)

If you like your stories,to have page turners that are full of anticipation, and you love the thrill of having your emotions swirled around you until you get the happily ever after that's deserved but you're not sure whether,you as the reader will get one? Then this story is for you!

AMAZING!!

Now get outta here, and go get your copy, take my word for it.I usually don't disappoint :P









Holly's Review:


 I read this wonderful book at the insistence of one of my very dear friends, who I may add, has NEVER steered me wrong when it comes to the AWESOMENESS of books!! So really all I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you E for the 'little nudge' to read this ASAP!! hahaha

I need to go on record saying this book is NOT what you think it is! It is not a love story, well ok, it sort of is but first and foremost it is a beautiful story of self-discovery! It is a story of how we are not what we are born in to, we are and can be SO MUCH MORE!!

The love story part is wonderful and our hero Ian Aberdeen is most definitely swoon worthy, but it was our heroine, Sophie Price that was really the amazing character in this story, IMHO! This blurb in the synopsis is what originally grabbed my attention...

If you’re looking for a story about a good, humble girl, who’s been hurt by someone she thought she could trust, only to find out she’s not as vulnerable as she thought she was and discovers an empowering side of herself that falls in love with the guy who helps her find that self, blah, blah, blah...then you’re gonna’ hate my story.

...because I seriously love a story that is a bit out of the norm. Though to clarify, it isn't the story that is different it is the characters. It was so wonderful to see Sophie, who was truly an AWFUL person in the beginning, grow into someone I loved.

I do have one, ok maybe a couple things I need to whine about a little. One, I think we needed a little more background on Sophie, there was reference to someone who died recently that really ramped up her bitterness and bad behavior in the beginning but we never really learned much about that and Ian seemed to have a past we never really got to know anything about either. Also, I would have liked the end to be a little more in depth. I wanted a little more drama when Ian came to America to get Sophie, it just seemed like, wham bam, he's there, he helps her out and they are all good! Don't get me wrong I ABSOLUTELY LOVED this story, I am just selfishly asking for a little more. :)

I promised myself that I would be a little more rigid with my 5 star ratings in 2013 and only gift those books that I loved so much I thought about for days after reading with them. This book TOTALLY falls into that category!!

If you haven't read this book! GO NOW AND GET A COPY!!! I promise, you don't be disappointed!!
















2 comments:

Thessamari said...

Great review, chicks! This is definitely on my top TBR pile. =)

Anonymous said...

Everytime I see a new review for this book I just have to comment because VAIN was just such an swesome read. Will probably we one of my fave reads from 2013 and it's only January.

VAIN was totally more than what I had expected. As much as Sophie was a despicable character at the very beginning I couldn't totally hate her. She was just really misguided and a little lost. I loved how she grew to be an even more beautiful person.

Serioulsy great book and one that I will recommend to EVERYONE.

Great review ladies!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...