} -->

Monday 17 December 2012

Charade by Nyrae Dawn

Charade (The Games Series, #1)

Nineteen-year-old Cheyenne tries to portray the perfect life to mask the memories of her past. Walking in on her boyfriend with another woman her freshman year in college threatens that picture of perfection. 

Twenty-one-year-old Colt never wanted college and never expected to amount to anything, but when his mom's dying wish is for him to get his degree, he has no choice but to pretend it's what he wants too. 

Cheyenne needs a fake boyfriend to get back at her ex and Colt needs cash to take care of his mom, so they strike a deal that helps them both. But what if Cheyenne’s past isn’t what she thought? Soon they’re trading one charade for another—losing themselves in each other to forget about their pain. The more they play their game, the more it becomes the only thing they have that feels real.

Both Cheyenne and Colt know life is never easy, but neither of them expect th
e tragedy that threatens to end their charade and rip them apart forever.


Sam's Review

Charade.

I cried. I'm not proud of it, but I cried. So in lamens terms this book was beautifulness wrapped up into a perfect little eBook.

I hadn’t heard of Nyra Dawn before, and this then was obviously my first book by her. But I quickly grew to love her style of writing and every emotional heartfelt word that dripped from these pages. This story was romantic and heart wrenching and one of the most beautiful stories I have read this year.

Our hero and heroine – if that’s what these two souls can be described as – are Cheyenne and Colt. Both characters are dealing with personal issues of epic proportions. Their lives are a constant battle of wills and strength but somehow through all the haze and craziness find one another to play what started out as a charade but turned into something so deep that neither one could get out if they wanted to.

This isn't a fucking game anymore. No charades here. I don't know exactly what to call it, but whatever it is, it's ours. I'm going to latch onto it. And never let go. 

I won’t go into each characters back story or why they have their own demons but I will say that these two fight their way back to the top better than any couple I have known. I loved these two as a couple and Nyra made these two to be the exact opposite of one another but exactly what one another needed. Colt is able to break through Cheyenne’s walls of defensiveness and see the real her and Colt quickly comes to depend on Cheyenne in his desperate times of need.

There are sex scenes – not explicit – but their very hot and steamy and with such a sexy lead man, you can’t help but fan yourself!

In one part of the story I did cry – it was almost gut wrenching and unbearable to read. But this is what made the story so much deeper and Cheyenne and Colts relationship so much deeper and stronger. 

This book has gripped me and a week later I'm still reeling from it. 

I reach over and take her hand. I have Chey's on one side and Mom's on the other. And I think... I wonder if maybe this - This moment is one of the most beautiful for me. I never really cared about beauty before. Not unless I was looking at a girl to hook up with and that's a different kind of beauty. I wonder if I'll look for it now. In other places. 

This is one book that I will be recommending to anyone. It will be with me for a long time to come and cannot wait for book two that tells the perspective from Colts side.

5 of 5 stars false




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...