} -->

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Losing It By Cora Carmack

Losing It
Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.
Thessa's Review:

Three Stars


An accent. HE HAS A BRITISH ACCENT. Dear God, I’m dying.

I hate to flat out say this, but the fact that our Hero, Garrick, is British was the biggest highlight of the book. Dear Lord! The accent?! Oh, yes please. May I have more? Okay, so aside from my obvious obsession with Garrick, let’s get down to the nitty gritty. The story. Yes, I gave it three stars which meant that I did like it, but I was far from being wowed. The overall plot was okay, but what ruined it for me was the heroine. Yea I know, what else is new, eh?

Sex.
I was going to have sex.
With a boy.
A hot boy.
A hot BRITISH boy.
Or maybe I was going to throw up.
What if I threw up on the hot British boy?
What if I threw up on the hot British boy DURING SEX?


This story is all about Bliss trying to lose her virginity. She realizes that she’s been making a huge deal out of it and just wants to get it over with. Nice, right? She goes out with her friend Kelsey to the bar where she meets Garrick. They hit it off immediately and she decides this is it; this is the one I want to lose it with. They’re all about to do the deed when suddenly she gets cold feet and stops. She just ups and leaves him hanging. UGH! How the frick she was able to walk away from all that British hotness is beyond me.

However the incident ended up being a blessing in disguise because not so soon after this embarrassing incident, she finds out he’s one of her professors. More drama ensues. They’re attracted to each other, no doubt, but things just keep getting in their way. The biggest obstacle is Bliss herself. Gah! This chick can’t make up her mind. Back and forth. Back and forth. By the time they actually get to the deed, I didn’t care anymore. All that build up for nothing. I felt gypped. I LOVED Garrick and all his British hotness, but it just dragged and dragged to the point where I got bored. Too bad. This had a lot of potential. So yea. There you have it. I can’t outright recommend it, but then again, you might like it. 





 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...