} -->

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Seduced In The Dark (#2) By C.J Roberts

BOOK TWO OF THE DARK DUET
The exciting, titillating, and action-filled conclusion to Captive in the Dark.

What is the price of redemption?

Rescued from sexual slavery by a mysterious Pakistani officer, Caleb carries the weight of a debt that must be paid in blood.

The road has been long and fraught with uncertainty, but for Caleb and Livvie, it’s all coming to an end.

Can he surrender the woman he loves for the sake of vengeance?

Or will he make the ultimate sacrifice?

Quote:
It seemed to Caleb, the nature of human beings revolved around one empirical truth: we want what we cannot have. For Eve, it was the fruit of the forbidden tree. For Caleb, it was Livvie.








Thessa's Review:



FIVE++ EMOTIONALLY RAW & EROTIC STARS

Live for me, Kitten. Be all those things you’d never be with me. Go to school. Meet a normal boy and fall in love. Forget me.”

**Sob, sob, sob, sob** Oh God, just typing those words makes me cry. I fucking loved this book. I love it so much. I can’t believe it’s over. I felt nothing but hollow inside after it was done. Whatever words that I spew out for this review will never do it justice.

Never had I wanted to laugh, and weep, and fuck, and devour another human being until there was nothing left of him – until we were one person and I could feel peace.

First thing I want to mention is that C.J. Roberts is one hell of a writer. The woman has got some mad skills when it comes to story telling. Holy Fuck was this story brilliantly crafted. This is one of the best books I’ve ever read. Bravo!

This was not an easy read. Far from it. C.J. Roberts did not hold back the punches and I thank God, and C.J., for that. It would not have been the same if she had. This story will strip you bare, leaving you raw, traumatized and vulnerable. I literally hurt. My heart ached and my mind thoroughly fucked. This is not a pretty story. The journey is dark and filled with unimaginable things. You will not be the same when the journey is done.

It seemed to Caleb, the nature of human being revolved around one empirical truth: we want what we cannot have. For Eve, it was the fruit of the forbidden tree. For Caleb, it was Livvie.

Caleb is one tortured soul. I literally cried when we find out more about his past. It is tremendously heartbreaking. He is damaged, but I don’t care. I love him. I will repeat. I love Caleb. Yes, he can be one rough son of a bitch, but underneath his cruel and tough façade, lies the true him. That despite his violent, brutal and painful past, he is just a man wanting to be accepted and loved. At least that is my theory. He seeks acceptance from Rafiq, the man who freed Caleb from his hell. He owes him everything and will do anything in his power to please him. He has remained loyal to him through everything. Ever since Livvie came into this life, he’s been rethinking this whole revenge thing, but he doesn’t want to disappoint Rafiq. And then of course, there’s Livvie. Caleb has his doubts about her. Livvie acts like she wants to run away with him; to only love him. But isn’t her ultimate goal survival? Because there is no way that a woman like Livvie would ever desire to be with a monster like him…right?

My heart, independent of my logic, had reserved a place for my tormentor and my solace.

Even after all the mind games, the torment, the heartaches that Caleb dishes out, there is no doubt Livvie is in love with him. Her strong will is the main reason why I love her. She is one of the bravest heroines I’ve ever come across. She constantly pushes Caleb’s buttons, knowing the possible consequences because she believes wholeheartedly that he will do the right thing. Caleb constantly tests her will, trying to push her away, but she is one tough and stubborn woman. Her relationship with Caleb is complex to say the least, but Holy Mother, it was scorching. I want their relationship to work, but after all that’s happened and what’s going to happen, do they have a future?

The truth is… I wonder if I’m not fucked up, too. I should hate you, Caleb. Now I’ve decided what my fate will be. I should want to kill you. I don’t. I can’t imagine never having known you.”

This series has completely blown me away. Like Livvie, my emotions were everywhere. I was so conflicted. Did I enjoy my mind being fucked and toyed with? Yes. Absolutely 100%, YES. If that makes me fucked up, so be it. I’m proud of it. Because of this series, I’ve learned that my tolerance to unique tales is limitless. My mind is free and open to explore new things. I feel liberated and I feel phenomenal. Thank you, C.J. You are one amazing writer and I look forward to all of your future works. 


1 comment:

Tina B said...

Wow! That was an amazing review! I have not read this series or anything by this author, but I will be adding this one to my TBR. I would need to carve out some time though. When I read emotional books like how this sounds, I like to be sure that I can devote time to it. Thank you so much, Thessa, for sharing your thoughts and the recommendation. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...