} -->

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Gone Girl By Gillian Flynn

"What are you thinking, Amy? The question I've asked most often during our marriage, if not out loud, if not to the person who could answer. I suppose these questions stormcloud over every marriage: What are you thinking? How are you feeling? Who are you? What have we done to each other? What will we do?'"

Just how well can you ever know the person you love? This is the question that Nick Dunne must ask himself on the morning of his fifth wedding anniversary, when his wife Amy suddenly disappears. The police immediately suspect Nick. Amy's friends reveal that she was afraid of him, that she kept secrets from him. He swears it isn't true. A police examination of his computer shows strange searches. He says they aren't his. And then there are the persistent calls on his mobile phone. So what did really did happen to Nick's beautiful wife? And what was left in that half-wrapped box left so casually on their marital bed? In this novel, marriage truly is the art of war...


Elena's Review:


Team Nick or Team Amy?

A life story, bad marriage vs. good marriage,love for your spouse or hatred. Who are you? What am I? These are the lives of two people who prove life isn't dandy, every marriage isn't perfect. And last but never the least, you never truly know someone as much as you think you do.


"Life and lessons learned."


Sad to say this,but there's no review out there that can do this novel justice. It's just downright jacked up, but so addicting all combined in one. Confusing isn't it? Not only can this author write,she'll leave your mind totally mind-boggled. What an imagination she has, the plot of the story,with twists at every few pages. It just made me wonder " is this for real?, is this really happening?," and my biggest question "There are really people out there with sick and twisted minds as these characters,aren't there?" Well hell, this story was a wake up call. Take your life in stride,and learn from your mistakes.


Nick and Amy's, first two years of marriage started off as blissful,intriguing,and loving marriage. Till Amy decides she longer wants to pretend to be the "Cool Girl" she wants to act and be who she really is, along with having her husband understand her and love her anyways. Let me throw this in the air "She's a damn Sociopath!" but a smart woman at best. I'm not sure what I think of the Hero either. I swear for the first time in my reading history. I felt for both characters in the beginning,then I hated both characters. Now,my decision is undecided. This author got me good. Damn she's good! I loved what a wonderful job she did in writing this novel in two different point of views. Awesome!


At this moment all I can say is "Well damn!"


Nick doesn't like the miserable wife Amy has become,and all her "understandings" he wants his wife to feel again,make a few arguments here and there so they can kiss and make up. Instead he gets the complete opposite, fake smiles, fake caring,fake love all in all. So Nick takes a different route, and does the unthinkable, the unforgivable motto that goes on in every marriage. I won't spoil this part of the story. But boy! I'll bet he thinks twice the next time he decides to do anything wrong. And I'm sure he'll think of the future and start doing background checks on anyone that gets close to him.


Nick gets framed for his wife Amy's disappearance. But the question is "
Is he involved?,Is she even still alive?"


Nick and Amy: "My Gosh ,Nick, why are you so wonderful to me?" he was supposed to say "You deserve it.I love you."

But he said, " Because I feel sorry for you"
"Why?"
"Because every morning you have to wake up and be you."

What a sad but twisted and wicked story. At this point, I want to scream how it ended. But I knew it had to end at some point. I'm stunned and in total shock, while sitting here trying to keep my profanities to a minimum,with a stomach tied in knots. I can't help but scrub my hands down my face and think "Did I just read what I just read? Or am I dreaming?" Wow!!!! Holy Shit!!!! Fuck!! What a damn sucker punching, gut wrenching story! Like I said above, there isn't many words to describe how I felt about the book. But know this much, the author has a strong skill for writing. It's downright amazing! I gotta admit, I looked up almost every other word in the dictionary on my kindle, but her writing is phenomenal and once I took the time to define the words, all the pieces fit together.


This story will WOW you on so many different levels. You might look at life through a kaleidoscope. Everything is in different color pieces. There's never a right or wrong way to live. Neither is making 
mistakes ever right ,we all have different opinions on right and wrong.


I've come across this novel based on ratings,just scrolling through amazon and goodreads. The blurb didn't catch my attention as much as the star ratings. I'm glad I decided to take this novel for a test drive. I'm now a fan and on my way to add many books of Gillian Flynn to my shelves. I'm sure one day I'll need a fantastic story to pull me out from under my rock. And her novels will be the first I turn to.


Once again WOW!!!!!













No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...