} -->

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Exhale by Kendall Grey

Her dreams brought them together, but reality could tear them apart…

The man of Zoe Morgan’s dreams isn’t only real, he’s interested. In her. But her boss wants her too, and is leveraging his unsolicited advances with the threat of blocking the huge promotion she's after. When he places a spy on her research team, the intense stranger discovers more than he should, and Zoe fears hiding a relationship with Gavin Cassidy from her boss is the least of her worries. The whale she must protect has been marked for death, and Zoe's old enemy Scarlet is eager to deliver the killing blow. To both of them.

Australia’s Sentinels must find and lock the door into the Dreaming before Fyre Elementals launch another attack on innocent dreamers. But corruption and distrust abound, and Gavin believes someone on the Sentinel council is in league with the Fyres. As he reluctantly embraces his new role as council leader, Gavin must not only keep Zoe safe from Scarlet's vengeful clutches, but organize a Sentinel defense strong enough to prevent a full-blown Elemental war—with a traitor fighting by his side.



 Grace's Review! 
  
 Intensely Exhilarating!

When I finished Exhale, my mouth opened and, well, I actually exhaled! I'm pretty sure I held my breath during the last few pages! If you've read the first book, then you'll be glad to learn that Exhale starts where Inhale ended. Unlike the first book, more of the story takes place in Realis. Gavin is so smitten with Zoe, but she just can't fathom the idea of a rock star falling for her, a whale biologist! Surely, having a real-life relationship with Gavin would interfere with her research and distract her from pursuing her dream job. Good thing Gavin doesn't think so! We get to meet a few new characters, who add so much to the amazing storyline. The whales have a greater presence too. Yes, for those who are wondering, Lily is very much in Exhale, and she's woven so well into the story.

Scarlet returns, and she's very jealous of Zoe. She was so bad in the last book, but in this one she's evil to the tenth power and relentless in her pursuit of Gavin. There were some really shocking moments with Scarlet that I won't even try to describe. Kendall Grey knows how to develop her characters, and Scarlet is definitely worthy of winning a best villain contest hands down! Then there is Sinnder. I get the feeling he's been working on his own agenda all along. He's one to watch in the next book for sure!

Zoe Morgan has got to be one of my favorite strong heroines. She has a connection to whales like no other, and there are some revelations as to why she has this gift. Always focused on her career, I kept wanting to knock some sense into her every time she turned Gavin down. Hello, Zoe, Mr. Perfect from your dreams is real, and he very much wants you! Eventually she gives in and these two together, either in The Dreaming or Realis, sizzle off the pages! It's not all happy though for this couple, they run into problems and struggle at finding time for one another. Plus, they keep getting interrupted during intimate moments! Oh my goodness, the unresolved sexual tension is off the charts!!! Nonetheless, the way their relationship progresses in Realis seems very real for a biologist and rock star. This brings me to Gavin * insert dreamy sigh here * Cassidy. If you fell for him in the first book like I did, then he will melt you into a puddle of goo in this one for sure! Gavin is way more than a rock star. He wants to protect Zoe from any harm, defend the Wyldlings, and takes his Sentinel duties very seriously. He does all that and writes music and performs at concerts too! I think Gavin has become my number one favorite fictional rock star! I can't help it. I just love how he's written! It's no wonder Scarlet wants him so badly, but his heart belongs to Zoe, his muse.

Intense, exhilarating, shocking, and heart-wrenching, Exhale is truly a worthy sequel to Inhale and shows that Kendall Grey can push her characters way beyond limits. Please do read this series in order. The world building displays expertise and is beautifully executed. I don't even want to speculate what will happen next. After reading Exhale, it opens up a world of possibilities for the third book, Just Breathe. The bar is set high. I really can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I saw the book's cover on your blog's feed I got intrigued, now after reading your review I have to add the first book to my TBR.
Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...