} -->

Friday 22 June 2012

Easy By Tammara Webber

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she’s single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, stalked by her ex’s frat brother, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Her econ professor gives her an email address for Landon, the class tutor, who shows her that she’s still the same intelligent girl she’s always been. As Jacqueline becomes interested in more from her tutor than a better grade, his teasing responses make the feeling seem mutual. There’s just one problem—their only interactions are through email.

Meanwhile, a guy in her econ class proves his worth the first night she meets him. Nothing like her popular ex or her brainy tutor, Lucas sits on the back row, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. At a downtown club, he disappears after several dances that leave her on fire. When he asks if he can sketch her, alone in her room, she agrees—hoping for more.

Then Jacqueline discovers a withheld connection between her supportive tutor and her seductive classmate, her ex comes back into the picture, and her stalker escalates his attention by spreading rumors that they’ve hooked up. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.

Author Recommendation: Mature Young Adults (language, drinking, sexual situations)




Sam's Review:

STOP what you are reading right now and pick up this book! This is a book about so much more than teenage love and angst; this is a book about life and dealing with some of the horrible things that come along with it. It's about facing the reality that what you see at face value isn’t always what you get. It's about learning that what you thought was happily ever after might just in fact be a stepping stone to something much, much better.

This turned out to be my new favourite book of the year, and made me start wondering why I have never read one of Tammara Webbers book before.

The story begins with Jacqueline, who after following her boyfriend of three years to the University of his choice realizes how much of a mistake that was when he dumps her so he can screw everyone on campus. After mental criticizing herself for two weeks she wakes up and realizes that boys are not worth failing school over. When she approaches her lecturer in a bid to catch up she is hooked up with the class tutor, Landon. The two email back and forth and quickly fall into an easy flirtatious banter. Although she has no idea what Landon looks like she has growing feelings for him. At the same time during her class at school, she begins to notice a world outside of her ex and soon discovers, Lucas. Jacqueline catches Lucas staring at her and never seems to be doing any work, just sketches in his art book. This doesn't stop her from seeing the gorgeous guy beyond that - almost clear eyes, lip ring, tattoos, lean body - YUM! She cannot deny the chemistry between them. Two boys to choose from, and some very unwanted attention from another student, Buck sets this book up for an awesome story.

This is a book you cannot put down. I hang my head in shame that I put off everything I was meant to do today to finish this book and was literally busting at the seams to get this review written. It's a book where you want to go back and read it again to get the thrill. I want to fall into this book and the characters. I loved everything about it and the writing skills are phenomenal. The characters are so well developed and I fell head over heels in love with Lucas and Landon. There is so much steam in this book that it had me tingly in all the right places. Just check out this small snippet –
"So I don't want to you to feel pressured. Or overpowered. But I do, absolutely, want to kiss you right now. Badly." He trailed his finger over my jaw and down my throat, and then into his lap. I stared at him. Finally comprehending that he was waiting for a response, I said, "Okay." As he leaned over me, I felt a heightened awareness of every part of my body that touched a part of his--the edge of his hip pressed to mine, his chest sliding against mine, his fingers tracing from wrists to forearms and then framing my face. He held me in place, lips near my ear. When he kissed the sensitive spot, my breath shuddered. "You're so beautiful," he whispered, moving his mouth to mine.
I wish I could go into the story in more detail but there are so many spots to add major spoilers that I will stick to what I have written and hope that you will all crack this book ASAP.














2 comments:

Miss Vain's Paranormal Fantasy said...

I loved your review!! I need to post mind as well, but like you said it was difficult to write without spoilers. Such an awesome book, but I was dissapointed to discover that it's a standalone novel and I wanted to know more about Lucas and Jaqueline. I'll definitely be reading more books by this author in the future!!

Thanks for sharing your awesome review!! <3

GraceMyBookSnack said...

If you say it's a must read, then I must read it! I've also been wanting to read something from this author. I'll start with this one. Great review! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...