} -->

Thursday 2 February 2012

Boycotts and Barflies By Victoria Michaels

After an endless string of bad dates and a generally pathetic love life, Grace Park and her friends decide to boycott men for six weeks. With a fantastic pair of shoes on the line for the woman who makes it to the end without breaking any rules, the competition gets fierce. Sparks fly a few days into the bet when Grace and her friends cross paths with a sexy bartender named Michael Andris who happens to have a little bet of his own going with his friends....

In this hilarious debut novel, Victoria Michaels brings us a colorful and relatable cast of characters. She sends them on a sweet and sexy escapade as they sidestep one booby trap after another, manage the best of misguided intentions, and exert a whole lot of willpower and self control as they race down the path to true love.

Winning isn't everything...or is it?




Photobucket
Elena's Review:



Fun and Snarky!

This novel had me by my strings! It was loads of laughs, humorous and downright awesome!

Let the games begin!

Grace,Meg,and Bianca, met in college and have known each other for four years and now are the best of friends, they're so close you could consider them sisters. I loved them to pieces! Their characters were snarky,full of enthusiasm and so much fun. The novel starts off with the girls going on lame dates and not finding the right man who aren't what the girls would call "Dorks" Lol!! Poor girls, their so full of life and so pretty, one would think they would've found the right guy by now. But the answer is, no they haven't. So they've decided to have a bet on not dating men till the New Year. The Boy-Cott Rules:
1.No Dates
2. No tongue kissing *snickers*
3.No sex of anything kind
4.Each of them puts $200 into a pot. If they break rules of the boycott, they lose the money.and the last person standing gets the money to spend on a hot new pair of shoes to be worn on her first date of the new year and gets eternal bragging rights about her superior will power.

Their bet isn't as easy as they think. They have one challenge coming their way that they would have never expected..... So much fun!

Michael,Jack and Ryan, met also in college, as they finished their degrees in management. They've known one another for years. They now want to learn the ropes on bar-tending on hopes of pursing and opening up their very own nightclub. Here's the challenge they're all in,they're in their early twenty's but haven't found the love of their life yet, and are tired of dating woman who flirt with them on a daily basis in the bar they work at. Their looking for woman with intelligence,smarts and still have a corky fun side. So what the guys would call "Barflies" (woman from the bar) don't quite fit in their description. They're determined to go searching for that one woman who would win them over. In the meantime they also set a bet that goes into effect immediately.

NO MORE BARFLIES! Rules:
1.No barflies, if they meet a woman from the bar, she's off limits
2.No sex, the last person standing wins the money.
(Yeesh!) Their rules are much simple,compare to the girls....)

OMD!!! Let me just say! I don't blame these Barflies for swooning over them. They are so damn hot! *sweaty palms and naughty dreams* Lol!! Gosh I can't put the picture of them out of my head! They too are, Snarky,Sexy (in all areas) and no filters going on for either of them,they're so funny! My dream men *dazes off* I love their relationship and how close they are. Total knockouts!


Grace,Meg and Bianca are the outgoing, witty girls and everything the guys are looking for. The guys sweep them off their feet. BUT!! (and that's a huge But..) with the ladies and guys making bets, it makes it harder for them to keep things simple and clean, they're all in with wanting to win the bets. At this stage it's couples against couples. Who will win? Read it and find out! *squeals*

I love their interactions and relationships. Theirs no secrets and lies to worry about, it's all in love and fun. I sat back waiting for something to back fire or the usual gut-wrenching scenes. They never came and I was beyond grateful! This novel speaks for itself. In all honesty I'm on a hunt for other similar books. I'm a "Hook, line and sinker" kind of gal! This author got me good. I can't express how much I loved it. But hope someone would jump on my happy boat and join me, it's guaranteed to make you laugh,cry and swoon even after you're done with the novel :)


 




















3 comments:

Sam S2 said...

Arrrggghhh!! I am trying to finish my book so I can read it! I haven't stopped thinking about it since the other day when you were going fan girl crazy for this book!

Awesome review lovey!!

Elena said...

That's my girls!!!! I can't wait!! I'm squealing!! As y'all can tell I'm very excited. Lol!! I really hope you girls love it as much as I did :)

Elena said...

*throws hands up in surrender* book 4 on my list! Lol!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...