} -->

Thursday 29 September 2011

Rocky Mountain Heat - Vivian Arend


ebook, 79 pages
Published August 31st 2009 by Liquid Silver Books

Rocky Mountain Heat (6 Pack Ranch, #1)Blake Coleman is old enough to know that acting on impulse causes nothing but a heap of trouble. But when trouble’s a blonde wearing a cowboy hat with slim legs that go on forever, what’s a man to do? Wanting the sweet girl next door is just wrong. Hell, he was the one that taught her to ride a horse and now all he can think about is riding her. The responsible thing to do is keep his hands off.Jaxi has other plans for his hands, and his heart. She may have considered Blake a big brother once but that was a long time ago. She’s all grown up now and ready to convince him that she’s just what he’s been waiting for.Add the complication of two sexy younger brothers who have suddenly noticed Jaxi and things heat up fast. Blake’s gonna have to decide if a little trouble is worth fighting for.







 I have been wanting to read this book since I read some reviews for it months back,  I love me a hot cowboy romance and this one looked like it was going to be right up my alley. The books starts with one hot prologue, that straight away gets the blood pumping and sets up the rest of the book just peachy.
The story is about a family ranch with 6 delicious brothers and one sweet as sugar neighbour who has grown up and has set her sights on eldest Coleman brother, Blake. After Blakes mum breaks her arm in nasty fall, Jaxi is called in to help out around the house and to her benefit put her in very close proximity to Blake. A very sensual dance of flirting begins and it lights one hell of a fire.
Both Jaxi and Blake are very likeable characters and the two are just sizzling in the chemistry department. I loved all the family and found myself at times laughing out loud. I am particularly interested in Travis Coleman. He is hiding a dark secret, and although I think I know what it is, I’m looking forward to seeing that revealed down the track.
Blake is 10 years older than Jaxi, so to Blake it felt like their relationship was more big brother/ Little sister and he had some major issues over coming this and seeing Jaxi as a grown woman. It was so hot reading these two fight their feelings for one another when it was clear that both just wanted to jump one another.
I actually didn’t realize this was a novella when I first started reading, but to be honest it was still a fantastic read. The characters had depth and back stories given to them and the period of time in which the story took place was well spanned out and not crammed in. This made the story much more believable.
This was my first but definitely not my last Vivian Arend read. I would highly recommend to anyone who is in need of a quick and hot Cowboy romance read.  I read it in the space of an afternoon/ night and I cannot wait to jump onto the next book, ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAVEN.



1 comment:

DarienMoya said...

I have seen the guy on the cover before lol. On a book called Falling. HAWT!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...