} -->

Saturday 3 September 2011

Hidden Away - Maya Banks



Most people would take an all-expense paid trip to the beach in a heartbeat. Garrett Kelly only accepts to keep tabs on Sarah Daniels, who's in hiding after witnessing a murder committed by her half brother-a personal enemy of KGI. But Garrett hadn't planned on falling for Sarah. When he glimpses her dark past, he feels an urgent desire to keep her safe-even as she disappears, running for her life.

Hidden Away (KGI, #3)Hidden Away: Well how can I put this bluntly? The first in this series was steamy; the second in the series was smoking! Hidden Away, the third in the series has completely fizzled. Someone came along and drowned the fire good and proper.
I understand that this series falls into the genre of ‘Romantic Suspense’ – but this was a little to much suspense and not enough romance.  Garret is this big tough guy who is meant to be Sarah’s body guard of sorts, but he did a pretty crappy job of it.  The entire book the two were running for their lives, which in turn left a whole lot of zero time for the romance.
I’m a little bit dumbfounded to be honest. The story was action, action, action, go , go ,go but in the end the threat kind of was pathetic and it ended with my thinking “huh? Is that really it?”
As for the little but of romance we did get, it was kind of forced I felt. They met, they fell in love, they had a conflict, and they solved it. There needed to be a bit more focus on Garrett and Sarah’s relationship and less running thru strange countries.
Luckily we get to touch base with the rest of the Kelly Gang (those Aussie’s reading this might get the term I just used). I’m loving Donovan and his geeky side, its totally hot and I think I have a major school girl crush. Rusty is a complete wild card, I keep thinking she is obviously going to end up with one of the brothers, but which one?
Overall, given that book 1 and 2 were both great reads and are on my Favourite list, I will look past how much I was let down with this one and quickly move onto the next one.  Everyone has bumps in the road; this was just KGI’s bump.

3 of 5 stars




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...