} -->

Friday 9 September 2011

Eternal Rider - Larissa Ione

      
Just a quick note to thank my girl, Elena who went to the trouble of searching and hunting down my lost Eternal Rider review. As a lot of you may or may not know, us girls here originally from another blog. Due to unforeseen circumstances that blog dissolved rapidly and as a result I lost over 84 reviews that I had not backed up. Elena found them floating in cyber space and snatched this one up for me and I am eternally grateful. Love ya girl!
So I thought before the next Lords of Deliverance novel is released in December I would show you all how much I loved the first in the series.
                        

                                                          http://www.larissaione.com/
Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1)They are here. They ride. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
His name is Ares, and the fate of mankind rests on his powerful shoulders. If he falls to the forces of evil, the world falls too. As one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, he is far stronger than any mortal, but even he cannot fight his destiny forever. Not when his own brother plots against him.
Yet there is one last hope. Gifted in a way other humans can't-or won't-understand, Cara Thornhart is the key to both this Horseman's safety and his doom. But involving Cara will prove treacherous, even beyond the maddening, dangerous desire that seizes them the moment they meet. For staving off eternal darkness could have a staggering cost: Cara's life.


They are here. They ride. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Now this is what I’m talkin’bout! What a ride! Lord of Deliverance is set in the same amazing world as Ms. Iones Demonica series. It’s fantastic if you have read the before mentioned series because most of the past characters make an appearance and we get sneak updates into their lives. The mythology is all the same, the rules are all the same – but here we are introduced to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse – doesn't it just sound daunting? –

I for one have never really had an interest in this tale. But I can tell just from reading that Ms. Ione has put her on Demonica spin on it. And tell you me – it is awesome.

In Eternal Rider we meet Ares who is the second Horseman. He and his brothers and surprisingly, sister – have been cursed to carry around the seals of Armageddon. When these seals break the horseman revert to the evil nature. Ares aka WAR. If you read Sin Undone you would have witnessed the first seal breaking. Now that their brother’s seal has broken, turning him into Pestilence, he is hell bent on finding out how and breaking his sibling’s seals also. Ares seal is in the form of the lovely and delicious, Cara. Of course she is a human. When Ares seal breaks – Armageddon begins...da da da dum.....

Like above said, Cara is a human – but with the special ability to be able to heal animals. This skill is what has landed her hell deep I’m the underworld. Cara was lumped with a hell hound and after using her ability to save the pup he bound himself to her – thus ultimately leading her to becoming the key in Ares downfall.

Now onto the romance – oh and what a romance. They fight, they bicker, they pick and they LOVE it! Cara was a perfect match for Ares. They complimented each other perfectly. The sex scenes were um.......SMOKIN! There is a lot of clawing and biting, but *fans self* it was vurryyy nice.

Ione has created so much depth to her stories and put so much effort into creating her world. I never thought I would have been interested in reading a series about men riding horses, but I have been gob smacked, because I’m certain that there was no way she could have made this book ANY better.

I was sitting on the edge right to the end thinking – ‘there is no way she can make this all work out’ – but she did it like the genius that she is. I am quivering with excitement for the release of the next Horseman book. One down, three to go!


4 comments:

Elena said...

It was my pleasure! You're welcome :)

You're devoting love and affection makes me wanna go fetch for some more if I can get this kinda of Lovin. Hehehe....

Love your review!

_yay_ said...

LOL One down three to go is exactly what I thought. Like this book very much, too.
Even have a review up. Yours is fab!
_yay_ @ BookthatThing
A giveaway currently going on. Unique PNR ebook. Stop by and enter :-)

AngelaC said...

love your review. love the book.

Megan@Riverina Romantics said...

Great review chic! That will teach you to back up your stuff on GR!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...